At Roecroft we encourage Healthy Eating and now hold the Enhanced Healthy Schools Status.
School meals are provided by Luton Borough Council Catering Services who follow strict healthy eating guidelines. We also like to try and encourage parents to provide healthy packed lunches too. Please remember we are a NUT FREE SCHOOL.
Lunch time arrangements
Reception and KS1 Classes – 11.45-1pm
KS2 Classes – 1-2.15pm
If your child is in KS2 please send them in with a mid-morning snack that they will eat at break time. Examples of healthy snacks are as follows:
- Fruit and veg
- Healthy Cereal bar (no nuts)
- An additional roll or sandwich to their lunch
- Dairylea Cheese/dippers
- Malt Loaf
School meals are free for ALL children in Reception and Key Stage 1 (years 1 and 2).
Payment information for children in KS2 (years 3 and 4)
School Meals are priced at £2.15 a day and can be paid online via ParentMail. Payment must be made in advance or on the day, you are very welcome to pay for longer blocks of time if needed.
1 week £10.75
Per day £2.15
*** Please note we cannot give credit ***
Free school Meals
Every year schools are in a position to receive additional funding called the Pupil Premium Grant. The school carefully uses this funding to provide additional support to pupils within the school day. It is also used to help families towards the cost of things such as tuition, trips and breakfast clubs and means pupils can continue to receive free school meals in Years 3 and 4.
ALL children in Reception Yr1 and Yr2 automatically qualify for Universal Free School Meals but they do not automatically qualify for this additional funding.
A child may be eligible for this grant where their family is in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
As is common in most schools, a number of parents whose children attend fail to claim FSM funding. Even if your child currently has a packed lunch, or is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 you should still apply as you may be offered help with the cost of Uniform, School Trips and Clubs. Please check on Free School Meals (FSM) to see if you qualify and follow the instructions below to claim.
You can apply by:
Phone on 0300 300 8306
This line is open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
Please make sure you have the following to hand when you call:
- National Insurance numbers and dates of birth and dates for you and your partner
- Dates of birth for your children
- If you receive National Asylum Seekers Support you will need your NASS number